Things To Do
You always regret most, the things you didn’t do.
With so much to do here, you may want to stay a few days. Don’t forget, between May and September your second night is HALF price!
Greymouth is the ideal base for day trips to Paparoa National Park (Punakaiki), Arthur’s Pass National Park and Westland National Park (Glaciers).
- Point Elizabeth Walkway: 3 hrs return (or 1.5 hrs return to lookout)
- Coal Creek Falls Walk: 1 hr return
- Woods Creek track: 45 min loop track around old gold mining site
- Croesus Track: 18km, full day or overnight walk from Blackball (30 min drive)
- Pancake Rocks: 20 min loop from Punakaiki (35 min drive)
- Avalanche Peak: 5 -7 hrs loop from Arthurs Pass (1.5 hr drive)
Franz Josef Glacier is 2hrs drive and Fox Glacier is 2.5 hrs drive from Greymouth.
Fox & Franz Josef Heliservices offers scenic flight over the Glaciers.
Skydive Franz – options from 12-18,000 feet (highest in NZ) with panoramic views from the Tasman Sea to the Southern Alps.
Excellent fresh water fly fishing in the Arnold and Crooked River.
Kowhai and Trout can be caught in the lower Grey River using our loan fishing rods (no license needed).
The extensive river systems of the area provide for world-class whitewater rafting and kayaking opportunities (Grades I through V)
Inland Adventures – departs from Ikamatua, 40min from Greymouth
Wild Rivers Rafting – departs from the Iron Bridge, between Murchison & Westport
Eco Rafting – departs from Whataroa, 1.5 hr drive south from Greymouth